Sarah Kay Away

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

To Argentina & Beyond

The kids playing with their new toys! And very much enjoying them :]
Contrary to appearances, we are not in a cave...just against the wall that surrounds their home.
Mi hermano menor :]
Blurry, because he couldn't stop moving...but I like it anyway!

How could I NOT want to keep this one???
Notice my great watch. I didn't own a watch--I always just used my cell phone to know what time it was. Obviously I'm out of service here, so that presented a problem. There aren't any Walmart or Target-like stores here, so my only options were jewelry stores or toy stores. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on one at the jewelry store, so now Buzz Lightyear tells me what time it is :] The kids think that's pretty cool.

7 Comments:

  • At September 23, 2008 at 3:33 PM , Blogger The Mom said...

    I glad he can protect the universe and tell you what time it is. Take care! love you!

     
  • At September 23, 2008 at 3:44 PM , Blogger proud dad said...

    ...and to think I gave you a Buzz Light Year watch when you were little and you wouldn't wear it! Oh well. Thanks for the update and the pics. We LOVE it! dad xoxo

     
  • At September 23, 2008 at 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The very last picture makes me feel like you should be telling me about how i should send a quarter every week to an organization to help an impoverished nation. Jealous of the watch

    -Mal

     
  • At September 24, 2008 at 4:42 AM , Blogger Sarah Kay said...

    Don't you already sponsor a kid? Or am I confusing that with the picture of the kid that came with your wallet that you keep in there and TELL people he's the kid you're sponsoring? I can never remember exactly how selfish you are...

     
  • At September 24, 2008 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I do sponsor a kid but no pic in the wallet. She's not as cute as your kid and I know you'd just point it out all the time. The pictures in my wallet are my fake family because they are more photogenic than my actual one. I mean picture of fake mom and dad on a beach in khaki...or heather...yeah close one.

    Mal

     
  • At September 26, 2008 at 12:01 AM , Blogger Michael Beck said...

    Yeah good luck getting rid of your watch tanline. Mine's finally gone and you don't even have much ARM HAIR to mitigate the damage.

     
  • At September 26, 2008 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Sarah Kay said...

    No problem there. The kids like to push the buttons, so I have to take it off pretty frequently. I wouldn't mind, except that there aren't any clocks in the home, so if they change the time I'm out of luck. Especially if they do it without me noticing...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home